A development store is a free Haravan account that comes with a few limitations. As a Haravan Partner, you can create an unlimited number of development stores.
Create a development store to test your app
1. Log in to your Partner Dashboard .
2. Click Stores.
3. Click Add store.
4. In the Register information section, enter a name for your store, your email, your phone and a password that you can use to log in. The email is used as the username.
5. Click Create your store.
6. In the Additional information section, select some information from the drop-down list, choose use sample data and then Click Next.
7. In the Store address section, enter your address.
8. Click Done.
Sharing your development store
Development stores are always password protected. You can remove the password page after you transfer the store to a merchant or switch to a paid plan. Development store password pages can't be customized.
Visitors can view development stores in the following ways:
- By entering a password on the development store password page
- By logging into the development store’s admin
Viewing or setting the password
1. From your Haravan admin, go to Website > Settings.
2. In the Password protection > Password field, enter a password. This is the password that you'll give to the visitors who you want to be able to access the online store. Don't use the same password that you use to log into your admin.
3. Click Save.
Features and limitations of development stores
Development stores include most of the features that are available on the Advanced Haravan plan.
You can do the following when building and testing a development store:
- Process an unlimited number of test orders
- Create an unlimited number of unique products
However, there are some things that you can't do with a development store until you switch it to a paid plan, such as:
- Assign a custom domain.
- Install paid apps.